Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This American Marriage

So I haven't yet posted any photos of us yet... that is soon to come. I'll be posting some photos of our wedding, our sugar gliders, and our life pretty soon here.

Anyway, over the last 3 years or so I've been listening to a radio program called "This American Life" - pretty much the coolest radio show ever made (check it out at http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Archive.aspx, you can listen to any past episode; let me know if you are interested and I'll direct you to some of my favorite episodes). If you ever have an hour to blow, or just want to have something interesting to listen to while cleaning, I for sure recommend it. But anyway, the host of that show is Ira Glass.

I was looking at Jeff and Heather's blog yesterday, and I decided to follow some of the links they had going to other people's blogs, thinking that I might recognize some of the people in the other blogs. I was surprised to find that Ashley Bullough is getting married on May 9th - congratulations to Ashley! However, I was even more surprised to find that she is secretly marrying Ira Glass, from This American Life! Although they claim his name is Cade (the name alone was an obvious alert to me, he should have chosen a more normal name like Chris or Ricky), he is obviously Ira Glass. I have posted Ira and "Cade"s photos on this blog.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom I think you have stumbled on to something big! Very big, Sluething like this must leave little time for actual work at your job, am I right?

Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous have you considered Leaving your window washing post to join the FBI or CIA, thats where the real money is!

Cade is a real person! said...

First of all thank you for listening to my show,always nice to meet a fan. Second, You can even ask Ashley my name is Cade and I am a real person. I think that proves it. Checkmate Tom!

Anonymous said...

All part of the conspiracy... Nice try Ira!

Your best friend, Ashley said...

tom... seriously. we tried to keep this a secret as long as we could, and just like you always have done -YOU RUIN EVERYTHING. leave ira alone. what we have is special.

Your best friend, Ashley said...

p.s. cade is much better looking

Anonymous said...

I feel so stinky as I climb out of the bathwater. HOOVER

Nick and Lauren said...

Way too much time on your hands Tommy ha ha

Pete said...

Tommy, I remember when it was me in those pictures with you. Why would you take me out! I cry...

Natalie Que said...

Okay Ashley, I guess your friends are just as hilarious as you. What do you know. Love it.

I am one of Cades BFF's from his growing up years {age 5-13}. Me and my 2 sisters taught him everything he knows. You're welcome Ash.